Dreaming of a new route; varried course- uphill, downhill, flat, rolling; huge trees; fresh air; and a relaxing venue? (Do I have to mention our famous Buko Pie and cheap yogurts at DTRI?)
Well, your dream comes to life! Save the date now OCTOBER 30, 2011 (Sunday)!
SAPPHIRE RUN “Save And Protect PHIlippine Resource Ecosystem”
Race Venue: UPLB, Baker Hall
Date: October 30, 2011 (Sunday), 5:00am
Race Category: 3K (Php270), 5K (Php320), 10K (Php370)
Assembly Time: 5:00am
Gunstart: 10K- 6:00am; 5K 6:10am; 3K- 6:20am
Expected Participant: 2,000runners
Race Organizer: MacRunners Sports Inc. (Organizer of Biodiversity Run 2010)
“Isang takbuhan sa UPLB, napakamura lang, mapapamura ka pa sa ruta.“
Los Banos: Baker Hall, UPLB every evening starting September 19, 4:00-8:oopm
Online: Download the Registration form, fill-out and e-mail to macrunners_sports_ email@example.com together with the scanned/photographed image of your deposit slip.
Entry fee may be deposited to BPI Family Bank. Account name: MACRUNNERS SPORTS, INC. Account # 005803-1928-65.
Deadline for submission of entries and online registration is on October 28, 2011/Friday, until 12:00 midnight.
Download Registration form: SAPPHIRE RUN Registration Form (791)
Prizes at Stake:
So, Top 10 Finishers will have someting to bring home (and brag about).
All Finishers shall receive Finishers Certificate.
- To establish SAPPHIRE RUN as an annual reputable road race for the advocacy of environmental awareness, conservation and protection;
- To promote running as very affordable avenue for physical fitness / wellness;
- To foster healthy competition and camaraderie among local residents, invited athletes, running enthusiasts and running clubs from all walks of life;
- To enhance local tourism in Los Baños through the conduct of road race within the rugged terrains of Makiling Forest, Jamboree site, Forestry campus and adjoining areas of UPLB Campus ; and
- To generate funds from the advocacy run for the establishment of a plant nursery of Multi-Purpose Tree Species in line with the government’s National Greening Program (NGP) and other similar environmental conservation and protection endeavor.
Btw, I will be giving away some free race kits. And will publish the singlet design soon. For now, please spread the word! Thanks!
How to Get to UP Los Banos:
1. From Cubao. Take the Bus at HM Transport Terminal (Near Victory Liner Terminal) going to Sta.Cruz. Tell the conductor that you will get off at College, Los Banos. Then take the jeepney going to UPLB, tell the driver that you will go to Baker Hall. (Bus fare: Php104, Jeepney fare: Php8). Bus start to leave Cubao at 3:00am. Travel time is 1:30-1:45hours
2. From Gil Puyat/Buendia LRT. Take the Greenstaror DLTB bus going to Sta.Cruz. Get off at College or Junction, Los Banos. Take the jeepney going UPLB, get off at Baker Hall. (Bus fare: Php94, Jeepney fare: Php8). Travel Time is 1:30-1:45hours
3. From Alabang. Take the Bus going to Sta.Cruz, HM. or You can ride the bus going to Calamba. From Calamba Crossing (Fare: Php45), take the jeepney going to UPLB (Fare: Php20). Travel Time is 1:00-1:30hours.