When most runners are focused on registering online for the Hyundai Fun Run because its for FREE (yes, FREE as in Libre parang Inquirer libre lang sa MRT), I was busy writing a blog posts. After some hours, registrations were closed because of the overwhelming response from the running community. Bad news! Immediately, I ask my registered friends, 40 of them, "Pwede mag-bandit?"
Luckily, I was invited at the Hyundai Fun Run Bloggers Launch and we were accommodated by Hyundai staff. Thanks Hyundai!
RUNNING FOR A GREEN TOMORROW
Hyundai to launch first-ever automotive-sponsored eco-fun run to create a new generation of eco-conscious and responsible motorists
Please NOTE that venue is changed from Bonifacio Hogh Street to Quirino Grandstand, Manila (near Luneta)
The Hyundai Accent Run : An All-new Way to Play
April 2, 2011, Quirino Grand Stand.
5K / 10K
Official Assembly Time: 4:30am for 10k, 5:30am for 5K
Official website is www.hyundaifunrun.com. You can also add them as friend on Facebook: Hyundai Fun-Run.
A confirmation via email will be sent to you once registration form has been fully accomplished. There s NO registration fee!
Some notes I got during the Press Launch:
- There will be different waves of runners at the starting line. This is safety reasons and because there are so many runners who registered.
- Race Results will not be posted online, this meas that you have to get your own finish time as you cross the finish line.
- This run is more geared more that runners would have fun, less of the competetive spirit. So let’s have fun during this day.
- This is just the first among many runs that Hyundai will organize for runners. So, be ready for the next Hyundai Race.
- There will be a Hyundai Village near the Finish Line, where Hyundai cars are displayed and are available for test drive. Maybe this is a perfect time to buy a new car.
This run is in partnership with HARIBON Foundation. Each participant will allow HARI to donate one native tree seedling to HARIBON as part of Hyundai’s socio-civic “Together We Can for a Green Tomorrow” pro-environment advocacy.
Winners for each category will be given trophies and Hyundai items.
So for those who are fast enough to register here, see you at the 10K starting line and lets have some fun!
Again, thank you very much Hyundai for organizing such event, this is a very timely response to the rising registration fees in races. Hats-off to the staff too! Indeed, Hyundai is all about "New Thinking, New Possibilities."
____ ____ ____
Hyundai’s lineup of best-of-breed automobiles will also serve as main attractions during the fun run, reinforcing Hyundai’s green stance with eco-friendly attributes and performances installed in all its technologies. Available for test drives are: the nifty and utilitarian i10 compact car, the powerful yet fuel-flexible Tucson SUV, the fluidic Sonata luxury sedan, the CRDi-powered Grand Starex Limousine, the nimble Genesis Coupe sports car, and the durable Santa Fe Crossover Utility Vehicle.
For inquiries, please contact Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI)
Hotline: (02) 813-6788 loc 218
Mobile: (0922) 877-6752