Thoughts on the NBA Fit Run 2011
Come Back Race
It was a rainy run for my “come back” race after months of traveling. I was gunning for a sub-50 but finished at 50:35, more than 3 minutes slower than my 10K personal best. But I am already contended because I don’t have the proper training for this. Right now my leg muscles are still painful, like it was shot.
Here are some of my thoughts on the race:
- On-time gunstart
- Organized claiming of race packet even for the on-site registrants
- New 10K route
- Nice singlet material
- Knowledgeable marshals
- Long tables for the water stations and Gatorade being given to runners along the way
- Orderly claiming of finisher’s kit/loot bag
- Lotsa Gatorade at the finish line
- Got a BK, Energen drink, Alaska milk sampling and H&S shampoo
- Fast results, I got my time and ranking the day itself
- Bonus: the cold weather and some rain showers were helpful for my body temp.
Things to improve
- Gatorade booth was a disaster especially when other runners get more than 1 bottle. I even saw some non-runners hoard 3-4 bottles of Gatorade.
- I noticed that nearing the finish line the surface is uneven, it’s like rubbles. I wasn’t able to do my finishing kick
Over-all it was a great and organized race. Kudos to the Runrio Team, Air 21 and NBA Fit. Until the next year!
Race Results can be viewed now: BAZUMedia NBA Fit Run Results
Photos can be viewed: http://www.nba.com/philippines/
Nice to see the JazzRunner at the finish line, Letsky Runner and the Barefooter.
Until the next race- Run United 2011 Manila Leg on August 21, let’s do some half-mary.
Thanks Lestsky Runner for the 3 photos!