Home > Running > Love, Courtship, Dating, and Marathon Running (Part 1 of 2)

Love, Courtship, Dating, and Marathon Running (Part 1 of 2)

I don’t know what get into me but I woke up the other morning with this quote in mind: You approach love like running a marathon not a sprint.”

I don’t know what your views about love are, mine is simple: Love is patient. Connecting it to running a marathon (42.195K), a great deal of patience is required. Not only that, do you know that you need at least 3 months of preparation when running a marathon? It takes discipline, sacrificing that Friday and Saturday night parties in order to wake up early for a long run.

I guess “taking it slow” is the perfect term for both. In the marathon you don’t run as fast as you can on the first 10Kms unless you want to walk the remaining 32Kms. Same as with dating, you don’t want to do everything on the first date.  A passionate and sexy lovemaking is soooooooo much better than a one-night stand, right?

My point? Should you want a real, deep and growing relationship, be patient. Plan and prepare on how you are going to approach the finish line, injured or with hands up high in celebration?

Lastly, come to think of this: “Everyone can do a 100-meter dash, only the committed can run a marathon.

Want to read Part 2? Love, Courtship, Dating, and Marathon Running (Part 2 of 2)

Note: This is an experiment post. I like to know if readers will like it, so please read and comment. Thanks!

Categories: Running Tags:
  1. Maria Everlinda Austria Amulong
    July 11th, 2011 at 03:38 | #1

nice one james!!! u’ve got a point there. Love is patient.

journeyingjames Reply:

not only that! everyone can do a 100-meter dash, only the committed can ran a marathon!

2. ;)
    July 11th, 2011 at 03:54 | #2

this is goood!!!….i feel like you’re eyes were both heart-shaped while writing this james.. with matching obvious heartbeats.. ;) hahahahha!

journeyingjames Reply:

really? hahaha
    nooooh!

3. Toeltoel
    July 11th, 2011 at 03:55 | #3

Aba! Level up na ba Sir? Papasukin na din ba ang matters of the heart??? Hhhmm,….

journeyingjames Reply:

the matter of the heart is the heart of the matter..hahaha
    na-relate ko lang sa running sir, saka experiement lang yan

4. JDy
    July 11th, 2011 at 06:24 | #4

Ok yun post bro; at agree din ako.

Medyo weird lang for me kasi theoretical/drawing/kuwento lang sya.

Siyempre sanay ako as reader ng blog mo na actuals ang nababasa. Ü

journeyingjames Reply:

haha! no comment :)

5. nikki valenciano
    July 11th, 2011 at 14:39 | #5

hmmm… im seeing another side of journeying james here.. yah.. love (like life) should be lived like a marathon, rather than a sprint.. love is patient, true, because only love can wait for time.. only true love can grow wisdom.. :)

journeyingjames Reply:

what side? haha

nikki valenciano Reply:

the side that says, i-run-and-travel but hey i-love-deeply-too. :)

6. July 12th, 2011 at 01:59 | #6

Uyy.. James in love?! haha.

True Love Waits. It comes when the time is right. Nice one, James. Inspired ka, ano.

journeyingjames Reply:

in-love? i am always? ayan, dalawa pa kayong nagcomment ng bf mo! ^^

7. July 12th, 2011 at 02:06 | #7

“A passionate and sexy lovemaking is soooooooo much better than a one-night stand, right?”

- and it takes two to tango, it also takes two to make it that passionate! Love should be working on both sides – for both partners, else, it will just fall into pieces! And yes, Love is Patient as you’ve mentioned, it’s ever-enduring… I remember the story of the loyal dog ‘Hachiko’, it’s almost like that right? :)

journeyingjames Reply:

pedz, i know that sentence will capture your imagination..haha
    don’t worry, you’re not alone. hahaha

i think that is enough to prove my point.

at bakit naman napasama yung aso na si hashiko? tao pinaguusapan natin, hindi aso.hahaha

8. berniceruth
    July 12th, 2011 at 02:15 | #8

I agree, James!

The things we learn from running can really be applied in other areas of our life, and even our love life! I have used running also as an analogy in motivating my students in studying, setting goals, etc.

Love always hopes, always perseveres. Can’t wait for Part 2.

journeyingjames Reply:

hmmmm.. part 2, still undecided if i will publish that. lemme think about it more pa.

9. ;)
    July 13th, 2011 at 03:20 | #9

PART 2!! PART 2!! ..guess u need another inspiration to write about that huh?? We’re all rallying for PART 2, James! ;)

journeyingjames Reply:

its now UP! enjoy reading :)

10. Jonathan J Inocando (@Aynoks)
    July 13th, 2011 at 07:43 | #10

you got it bro. I’ll encourage my spouse to run with me after her delivery. She is preggy.

journeyingjames Reply:

hoping for her safe delivery and congratulations to you sir!
    thanks for reading the blog!

11. mela
    December 29th, 2011 at 12:26 | #11

nice, nice, nice,.. sooo nice! clap clap clap…

journeyingjames Reply:

thank you mela! ka-relate much ka?

1. July 19th, 2011 at 02:10 | #1