10 Reasons to Run Corregidor International Half-Marathon
This December 19, RUN along the RUINS, HONOR our HEROES, and SETTLE the SCORE at CORREGIDOR.
Be ready to validate all your races this year at the
CORREGIDOR INTERNATIONAL HALF-MARATHON
Run for All, All for Twenty-One.
Hardly would I recommend a race, but Corregidor International Half Marathon (CIHM) is a must-run for all serious runners out there! With only one distance to train for: 21K or Half-Marathon, this surely is every runner’s dream. I recommend this too all runners.
10 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Not Miss CIHM:
10. Out-of-town race. I love traveling and who’s not? Why trap yourself to ‘common’ race venues. C’mon give your running career a break. Go to Corregidor. Honor our heroes in this historic island by giving your best shot.
9. The Route. 60% paved, 40% trail, 101% challenge plus unforgiving uphills (read as UPHELL). As a fellow blogger, said, this is not for the faint of heart. When we tried some of the race route, I was saying to myself, “Why did I joined this test run?” But hey, it was fun and the scenery was amazing too! Have you seen the Caraballo? If not, register now to CIHM.
8. The Mile Long Barracks. Oh they say that they see ghosts here. Whether you see them or not, try to run as fast as you can when you pass this marker.
7. Before and After Partehs. Yes, there are 2 parties: Carbo-Loading Party the night before the race and the Victory Party the night after the race.
6. The Race Organizer is a Runner himself. I have bad experiences on joining races. The reason behind the failure- the race director/organizer is not a runner. I would assure you that this is a run organized by runners for runners.
5. The Runner’s Backpack. It has a packet for you race bib, running shirt and shorts and your running shoes has its own niche. How cool this backpack is. Imagine everyone boarding the Sun Cruise Ship with uniform bags.
4. The Running Jersey. So you can’t flaunt your singlet in the mall? Now you have all the bragging rights of finishing not just another HM while wearing this limited jersey. Only 800 runners has this.
3. The Medal, rather the Medallion. 3 inches in diameter and 10mm thick. But only those who crossed the 10K mark before the cut-off time of 1-hour and 45-min. Those who cannot will be given a 10Km Achievement Medal and will be brought back to the starting line. Train hard and add this to your collection friends!
2. Validate your Progress. This will be a race to validate all your races for the past year. Since the route is a mix of trails, dirt, cement and uphills it will really test what you are really made of as a runner.
1. Make new friends. I love out-of-town races because I get to meet new running friends. The camaraderie, bonding and friendship of runners is something else. I don’t know the exact reason why. Don’t run on your own, make friends and be excited to run at CIHM. See you at Corregidor!
P2,500 – October (early bird fee)
P3,000 – November (late entry)
Race Pack Inclusions
- Round-trip ferry to and from Corregidor Island
- Full lunch buffet on race day
- Race bib with RFID timing chip
- Race shirt
- Race backpack
- Finisher’s Medallion (or a 10k Achiever Medal)
- Runner’s Briefing on (Dec. 4 and 11)
- Carbo-loading Bonfire Party (Dec. 18, Saturday Night)
- Victory Party
- Finishers will get a personalized printed Certificate with their name and official finish time.
Registration Venue and Period:
- all weekends (Saturday and Sunday only) of October and November, subject to slot availability
- RUNNR (BHS), Saturday & Sunday, 2pm to 9pm
- Second Wind (Maginhawa), Saturday, 1pm to 6pm
- Second Wind (Ortigas Home Depot), Sunday, 1pm to 6pm
- Online registration facility (for participants residing abroad and outside Metro Manila) will be up on Oct. 9
- Properly filled-out registration form, open for ages 18-70.
- Any valid ID indicating date of birth
- Proof of participation in 21k race (during the last 3 months prior to registration) or a full 42k marathon (during the last 6 months prior to registration)
- If the above requirements are not available, a doctor’s certification of fitness to participate 21K run should be presented.
Hurry up, this run is limited to only 800 runners. Will you be one of the 800?
Registered Participants may call 527-5555 loc. 4511 or 4512 for inquiries on hotel bookings at Corregidor.
Photo Credits: Raymund Flickr Photostream