Home > Running > Runner’s World Philippines Now Out

Runner’s World Philippines Now Out

Runner’s World Philippines 1st Issue- April 2010

The 1st Philippine Issue of Runner’s World is now out in the market. Good thing it is for FREE! You can have an exclusive copy of it by buying a Men’s Health or a Women’s Health magazine for only P165. I got mine from Fully-Booked BHS. Running is indeed increasing its popularity here in the Philippines.  I wonder why there is no RW Singapore or Japan? Other RW editions are from Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, UK and of course US.

“Welcome to the first issue of Runner’s World Philippines. Whether you’ve just started running or have been plodding on for years, you’re bound to have an obsession with feet…”  –Maria Calica, Editor-in-Chief

The story behind my Runner’s World mag.
I was at the magazine section last Saturday when I saw a pic of Coach Rio on the cover. As a newbie runner I got interested. Then I learned that it was the 1st issue of Runner’s World. I’m not really a fan of magazine except if its free or from Booksale. As far as I remember the most expensive mag that I bought was P39. A Surfing mag as I am a “surfer” wannabee. But last weekend I found myself buying Men’s Health for P165. As I was about to pay I remember that my money is just enough for food while in Manila. Good thing that I can use my credit card in Fully-Booked so I got my own copy. Obvious that I’m a running addict already: logging 30-40 kilometers a week, wearing singlet when I sleep, eating pasta thrice a week, and buying a running mag.
When I took the jeepney, I immediately opened the mag and browsed it. When I got home I read every page (36 pages in all) from front to back (all ads and product sponsors and even the names of contributors).

So happy to have my copy of RW Philippines and Men’s Health.
I bet the 1st issue of RW Phils will be a collector’s item someday.

Here are some of my fave picks:

• Rave Run (Can I submit a photo for the next issue?), pp.2-3
  • Ask Miles (now I know…), p.6
  • Use Your Noodle (Pasta 101), pp.12-13
  • Fridge Wisdom (I will definitely try the shake, yum-yum), p.15
  • Coach Rio’s Corner (preparing for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil pala si Coach Rio), p.23
More Pics from the inside:
Coach Rio’s Story
Correct! Each runner to his/her own training.
Sorry, blurred images because I am using my laptop camera

Runner’s World (RW) is world’s leading running magazine. RW Philippines will be available quarterly this 2010 bundled with Men’s Health and Women’s Health mag so watch out for the next issue.
To get us more excited on the next issue, let’s guess who will be the next on the cover? My guess, its Piolo Pascual.

Categories: Running Tags:
  1. RunningAtom
    March 30th, 2010 at 03:23 | #1

yeeeehhhhhhhaaaaa… RW Phils' finally out :)

2. estan
    March 30th, 2010 at 13:42 | #2

running addict ka talaga :)

I'm also a newbie runner myself, just started around 4 weeks ago and still getting my body to adapt to this new routine. I do am enjoying it very much!

how thick is the magazine? I bought the previous issue of men's health with coach rio on the cover and this will be another buy for me.

3. James
    March 30th, 2010 at 13:47 | #3

hi estan! the mag has 36 pages, not that thick compared to men's health mag and i think most of the articles came from RW US edition.
    thanks for dropping by!
    i'll visit your blog later..

4. d-loner-runner
    March 31st, 2010 at 04:51 | #4

Hi! saw the mag at National-Trinoma, kaso sa Men's Health lang free, wala na sa Women's Health. Pero hanap pa rin ako sa SM,I know I will read it too from cover-cover as I did in The Bullrunner Mag, hehe..For sure I will learn a lot on it, as I already read Coach Rio's blog. ^_^

5. MinnieRunner
    March 31st, 2010 at 05:45 | #5

Nice, I wanna have one! Hmmmmn, ung Men's Health na issue ba 'yung si Coach Rio rin ang cover?

My Running Blog : http://myunrevealedthoughts.blogspot.com/

6. James
    March 31st, 2010 at 06:33 | #6

@d-loner-runner: try fully-booked or other NBS branches.

@minnierunner: yung MH cover na si carl guevarra yung cover (april). i actually dont know him.hahaha! march ata si coach rio sa MH

7. MinnieRunner
    March 31st, 2010 at 07:09 | #7

Don't know him either, he he he.

I am about to buy MH's March issue with Coach Rio as the cover, but failed to do so. I thought kasi sa Globe Ayala Run for Home meron sila ulit raffle kapag bumili ng March issue :(

8. Kenley
    March 31st, 2010 at 15:53 | #8

Congrats on your RW PH edition. I hope that it brings you lots of information that will help out. I have been running for a little over a year now. I like RW. I am curious as if the Ask Miles is different than of US RW. The questions get annoying after a year or so, in my humble opinion. I wonder if I can get a hold of the PH edition? Best wishes in your running adventures. So you are logging 30-40 kms a week. That is great. Just remember that every run has its purpose. I enjoyed reading your article. Keep it up. And there is no such thing as a newbie runner. You ARE a "Runner". Take care. Sore for such long comment as I am new to your site.

9. Kenley
    March 31st, 2010 at 16:09 | #9

*sori, not sore. lol

10. Leland Pasion
    April 1st, 2010 at 00:38 | #10

Hey, James. Thanks for the tip. Picked mine up yesterday. Cheers!

11. journeyingjames
    April 1st, 2010 at 02:59 | #11

@kenley thanks for visiting my site. yes, i will remember that I am a RUNNER!thanks for the encouragement. re the Ask Miles, for now I think questions are still okay..let's see what's in the 2nd issue

12. journeyingjames
    April 1st, 2010 at 03:00 | #12

@leland sure! as always, run green

13. Kenley
    April 1st, 2010 at 03:05 | #13

Thanks James, I will have to check out that Daily miles thing for logs. Thanks for visiting EOR. I forgot earlier, but will go ahead and add your site to my blog roll to keep up with the happenings here. Thanks and have a good one.

14. buryblue
    April 1st, 2010 at 15:24 | #14

James – there is also a Runners World UK edition which is monthly and costs £4.30 or about $7 dollars. Interestingly the cover is of a male runner – I would say about 11 out of 12 monthly covers in the UK have a female runner reflecting bigger growth in womens running here

15. journeyingjames
    April 1st, 2010 at 15:42 | #15

@buryblue thanks for the info. i guess wikipedia is not updated. our local running mag "front runner" has a female on the cover too this april issue. anyway, thanks sir for visiting the site! run green

1. No trackbacks yet.